Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And then there was today, when she purposely bought lunch at school, when she has been told numerous times that she was not to do so.  I had even gotten up early to heat up a home made Shepherds pie I had made that she wanted  for her lunch.  She had requested it.  She came home with it completely untouched because she decided she wanted a sandwich so she bought it.  Which means charged it to us!  I asked if she remembered that she was not allowed to buy lunch?  She replied "Yes".  Then why did you think it was OK to buy lunch and not eat what I had given you?  I won't continue with the back and forthing but suffice it to say, she thinks it alright to decide when and where the rules she will follow and won't follow.

Any recommendation for books on respect, following rules and responsibility would be appreciated.

Four of my other daughters will be working on a farm on Saturday helping prepare for the Harvest Festival.  It should be a great experience for them.

Did I ever mention that we have four bunnies? Three are rescues. Those three have interesting stories behind them.  Oops, I just got yelled at for staying up so late and not going to bed.  Tomorrow I will tell you their stories and post pictures.

2 comments:

  1. We had some lunch issues there as well.

    First, I found out that the "deaf school" was allowing my son to charge lunch, even though I sent lunch. Or, he ate his lunch, but then was going up and charging cake or cookies. A few phone calls..made everyone aware that if he brought lunch from home, he was to EAT the lunch he brought, and not charge more! I have no clue if they followed through or not.

    Second, although he did charge lunch many times during the 6 months he was there (with permission, he was allowed to do so once per week), we never once received a bill. I actually *tried* many times to figure out how we were supposed to pay for this, but nobody seemed to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember she is emotionally like a toddler - so no need to explain WHY she has to do stuff or NOT DO stuff, just BECAUSE MOM SAID SO. And use toddler punishments too, like standing in a corner. Like any three year old she will be embarrassed and won't want to have to stand there again.

    ReplyDelete