Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm baaaack!

I start again.  Today is St. Patrick's Day.  And many years ago when my twins were little someone told them that if they put their shoe out a leprechaun will put a treat in it.  I thought that was cute, so I did it.  Little did I realize that by doing that I had started a tradition that I have to do for the next 20 years or so.  When my oldest daughter came, then I had to do one for her.  Now my two new daughters need to be included.  That's five shoes and five treats.  Now you think that shouldn't be that hard.  The fact is I never remember to do it until the morning of when THEY remember to put their shoes out.  SO I have to run around trying to find green treats.  Today I had to go to five stores until I found five freshly baked mud pies with green mint cream in the middle! And I had to hurry to figure out how to put them in the shoes before the first daughter came home. So I got some green tissue paper those gold doily thingies and put the pies on a gold doily and then green paper and into the shoe.  Well, the screams of delight as each one came home was wonderful.  And I heaved a sigh of relief and swore to my self that I WILL remember next year before the day..

Tonight, the twins, age 10, helped my deaf daughter with all her homework.  It was so cute to watch.  They were so patient, and my deaf daughter didn't become frustrated at all even when she couldn't get the answers.

I will catch everyone up on the news, but I will do small posts each time so it isn't so daunting.

I will also post more pictures.  Bye for now to anyone who has stuck around...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great tradition!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! Traditions are fun but can be so hard to keep track of;) I have to put reminders on my phone calendar half the time- lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back Kathleen. And what a fun tradition, wish I had thought of it when my kids were little. My granddaughter (5yo) and I were Skyping last night. She had just come from Daisy Scouts, where they had made a "Leprechaun Catcher", a box made of popsicle sticks. They sat them out to catch a leprechaun while they did another activity - didn't catch a leprechaun, but he did leave a treat in each girls box!! She was SOOO excited!
    Barbara in CT (from LCC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tradition!
    Welcome back!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete